One of the most important festivals in the calendar, Diwali is a time of great fun and excitement for children and adults alike. Over the years, several activities have become a tradition of sorts associated with this festival such as burning firecrackers. Gifting has also become one of the most important traditions of Diwali. In fact, it is one of the main reasons why people love this festival.
People enjoy giving gifts to their family members, friends, relatives and other acquaintances. This tradition has also been picked up companies. Corporate gifting has become the norm at many companies. You can easily start getting Diwali gifts for office staff. However, there are a few etiquettes you must keep in mind while doing so.
Gifting Etiquette on Diwali
While gifting your office employees is a great idea, there are a few things you should understand beforehand. Here are some of them
- While foods are a popular option, always check if they are free from non-vegetarian ingredients.
- It is always a good idea to choose similar kinds of gifts for everyone in the office to create a spirit of equality and teamwork. After all, nobody is getting something better than another.
- Choose gifts that will be usable by anybody. It might not be possible for you to discover the preference of each individual in the office. As such, gifts like sweets, vases and religious idols are better options.
- If you are giving foods, try to opt for healthier options. For example, you can gift dry fruits instead of sugary sweets. This promotes a healthier working environment in the office.
- Remember to wrap up the gifts in a proper and attractive manner. Make your employees feel special.
- Since you are gifting your employees, consider gifting your corporate clients and vendors as well. After all, they will be celebrating Diwali as well.
What Kind of Gifts to Give?
There is no shortage of ideas for Diwali gifts to give to your employees. From the inexpensive to the extravagant, you are sure to find something that suits your budget. Here are a few ideas that you can use.
Sweets and Dry Fruits: These are the traditional choices when it comes to Diwali gifts. They are available in a wide variety of prices, making them suitable for all budgets. Moreover, they are sure to be appreciated by the recipients.
Watches and Clocks: Timepieces are another popular choice. The range is massive and you are sure to get watches and clocks with a religious motif. Such timepieces are quite suitable for Diwali.
Diyas and Lighting: Diwali being the festivals of lights, it is a great idea to gift items like diyas and lamps. Kitschy table lamps and diyas with intricate artwork are good options and relatively inexpensive.
Custom Chocolates: Chocolates are a great alternative to traditional sweets. Moreover, you can customize them with your name to make them more special.
While you can gift many things to your employees, it is essential that you follow the proper etiquette. Your office staff must feel special and valued. Following the rules of etiquette ensures that this is the case.